Tuesday, July 1, 2008

When We Vacation, We Vacation

after today i will be gone for two weeks on what i suppose my family calls a "vacation". we will be going to sunny, extravagant...Ohio? yeah.

a lot of people go to the beach or a ski resort for vacation. me and my family go to Ohio, the state that only matters during the presidential elections or when some crazy guy is shooting people on Ohio highways.

what do we do? we sit in my grandmother's house and do nothing. she has no cable tv, and just got air conditioning last year...maybe by 2020 she'll get a microwave! i can only hope...

other than sitting in her house wearing out our vocal cords trying to get a woman (who must be in some sort of protest against hearing aids) to hear half of the things we say, i don't know what we'll do...maybe we'll get into a heated debate again with Drew Carey as to whether Cleveland does or does not rock. Lord knows, last year that didn't end well. again sorry, Drew Carey, we didn't know grandma had a shiv on her.

the only great thing about my vacations to Ohio is my music. i spend hours listening to my favorite tunes. without it i might end up being the next crazy guy killing people on Ohio highways.

in fact, i think i'd like to leave you with a tune i've been listening to quite a bit lately. Wonderboy by Tenacious D. Rock on and enjoy.

wonderboy - Tenacious D

No comments: